There are seven things someone should look at when finding high-quality e-liquids. But first, note that the long-term effects are still unknown because e-cigarettes have only been around since 2003. In 2011, there were more than 7 million people smoking e-cigarettes and 1.1 billion in 2020.
With the rising number of consumers, there are millions of different products on the market. Still, there are no two e-liquids that are the same. When you are in the market for e-liquids, you need to do your research. It would be best to make sure the product does not have unwanted or unneeded chemicals in the products you are looking to buy. E-cigarettes might be safer than regular cigarettes, but you need to make sure you use high-quality e-liquid for your e-cigarettes.
If you are new to smoking or switching from traditional cigarettes to e-cigarettes, there are a few things to think about when finding a high-quality e-liquid:
There are many different brands out there for you to choose from. If you are not familiar with any e-liquid brands, it would be an excellent idea for you to familiarize yourself with the top brands.
When looking for a high-quality e-liquid, keep in mind that a well-known brand will guarantee its products. For example, Red Vape (https://www.redvape.com/premium) has been making a name in the nicotine market since 2013. It is known for using natural ingredients and has an extensive collection of flavors, too.
If you are shopping online and come across a sketchy site, keep moving to the next site. If the site looks shady, the products might be as well. It is best to find a brand that promises and delivers premium quality, uses nothing but safe ingredients, and has well-developed flavors.
The flavor of e-liquids is one of the most important factors when finding the right e-liquid for you. If it does not taste good, you will not repurchase it.
Most e-liquids come in an extensive range of flavors to fit most styles and palettes. For people who are transitioning from cigarettes to e-cigarettes, various tobacco blends mimic the taste of popular cigarettes. In addition, there are different food and fruit blends, such as pizza, grape, watermelon, and mango. They even have alcohol-inspired flavors.
When starting, select a flavor that you think you will like. From there, you can venture out and try more exotic flavors.
Nicotine might be the deciding factor when finding the perfect e-liquid. Did you know that not all e-cigarettes have the same amount of nicotine in them? For example, if you are switching from a cigarette to e-liquid, you might want a higher nicotine level.
Here are the three levels of nicotine to choose from:
- Low (6mg and below): Aimed at light smokers who usually smoke less than half a pack a day.
- Medium (9mg to 16mg): Aimed at the average smoker, the type who consumes one pack a day at most.
- High (18mg to 36mg): Aimed at heavy, chain smokers.
Selecting the right level of nicotine is essential. If you are transitioning from cigarettes to e-cigarettes, you want to get the right amount that you are used to. Too little will cause you to vape more often. But, on the other hand, too much could give you a headache.
Did you know that e-liquids come with two different bases? They come in VG (vegetable glycerin) or PG (propylene glycol). A higher VG base will get you what you need if you are looking for a smoother hit. On the other hand, if you like a substantial hit, PG is recommended for you. The most common PG to VG ratio is 40:60. This gives you the best flavor.
- VG- vegetable glycerin is a natural chemical derived from vegetable oils. This is used to give it a thick sensation. VG also adds a sweet taste.
- PG- propylene glycol is a viscous and colorless liquid that is made up of CH3, CH(OH), CH2, and OH. PG is the part of the mixture that contains nicotine.
Selecting a vaping device
There are a wide variety of vaping devices, which come in different sizes and shapes. In addition, people transitioning from smoking cigarettes may choose a device that is similar to a cigarette.
We have listed below a few different available devices.
- Vape pens: vape pens can use any e-liquid. A vape pen has a holding tank for the e-liquid and a battery that heats the liquid into an aerosol, creating a vapor. People new to vaping usually start with a vape pen.
- Disposable e-cigarettes: disposable e-cigarettes are prefilled with e-liquid. The batter is already charged and ready to use. Once the battery dies or it loses its flavor, you will dispose of the whole device. This is an excellent way to experience what vaping is like.
- Cig-a-like: A cig-a-like is about the same size and shape as a cigarette. It comes with a battery and flavor cartridge. Inhaling starts the vaping. Cig-a-like is perfect for people who are trying to quit smoking. One drawback is the fact that it has a shorter battery life.
- Box mod: A box mod is known for its large and bulk shape. It has external batteries, and it comes with the ability to adjust the voltage and temperature of the vapor. It also has internal circuit boards with built-in safety features. However, it may be more complicated to use.
When you are new to vaping, it is good to test different products, devices, and flavors to find the combination that fits you. Check to see if there is a vape/e-cigarette store near you. They will often have tester packs to help you find what works for you.
The tester packs come with different flavors in small bottles. Packs will vary between 5 to 20 flavors per pack. Nicotine strengths will differ, too.
Just like most things you buy, the price can be an issue. Most people think the more it costs, the better it is; we know that is not true. You might find an inexpensive e-liquid with the perfect amount of nicotine and flavor you are looking to fit your needs. Regardless of the price, you should always do your research.
I am sure you will try many different brands to find the perfect product for you. I encourage you to read all reviews when finding the right e-liquid. It will take time to find the right nicotine strength, PG/VG ratio, and flavors. This is why when you are in the market for high-quality e-liquids, make sure you do your research first.
Featured Photo by Elsa Donald on Unsplash