Knowledge of the features of different engines of a particular brand is useful to the motorist. Let’s get acquainted with the range and distinctive features of the Nissan engine and the different types.
Nissan engines list ranges from 1.7 to 4.2 liters of volume:
- CD17 and CD20 with a volume of 1.7 L and 2.0 L are used in such models as Sunny, Almera, Primera. Motors of this series do not have special design features and disadvantages.
- Nissan LD28 is a six-cylinder engine with a chain-driven timing mechanism and a belt-driven pump.
- The TD23, TD25, and TD277 family of engines are vortex-chambered, with a cast-iron blockhead, a lower camshaft, and valve drive-by rods and rocker arms.
- RD28T — in-line vortex-chamber six-cylinder with a volume of 2.8 L was installed mainly on the Nissan Patrol.
The most popular Nissan gasoline engines are:
- HR16DE. The 1.6 L engine is equipped with an aluminum block with cast-iron liners and an open cooling jacket, an aluminum 16-valve head. Distributed fuel injection with two injectors per cylinder.
- MRA8DE. The 1.8 L engine is equipped with all modern electronic systems that optimize engine performance as much as possible, ultimately contributing to an increase in power output while reducing fuel consumption.
- QR20DE. The 2.0 L engine has individual ignition coils and an improved cylinder head.
- QR25DE. The 2.5 L engine with 100 mm piston stroke and shortened connecting rods. The exhaust camshaft was also replaced.
- SR20DE/DET/VE/VET. The twin-shaft cylinder head has four valves per cylinder and a multi-point injection system. The engine is equipped with hydraulic lifters and is characterized by outstanding reliability.
Since 2016, the Nissan Note model uses a hybrid powertrain called e-POWER. It consists of an electric motor and an additional small gasoline engine that charges the battery if necessary. This eliminates the need for an external charger.
The electric motor has a fairly high power — about 110 hp. It is important to emphasize that the e-POWER system provides an exclusively electric drive to the vehicle. The Nissan internal combustion engine has nothing to do with the wheels — it only serves to generate electricity.
The Nissan Leaf is the most popular electric vehicle in the world. It is equipped with electric, three-phase, synchronous motors em61 and em57. The engine has a power of 109 hp with a torque of 280 Nm. The car accelerates to 100 km/h in 11.9 seconds. The maximum speed is 145 km/h.
Now, carmakers do not prioritize the creation of high-performance engines. One of the reasons lies in the fact that such units, as a rule, have a simplified design, are devoid of turbocharging, variable valve timing systems, and complex fuel injection know-how. Nevertheless, there are Nissan motors on the market to this day, which delight owners with a great term of work.
Featured Image by Dayron Villaverde from Pixabay