CAPTION: Technology is changing life as you know it.
With only a few months left into the year, it pays really well for people to begin looking into the future. Sure, it’s good to look back on the past for the lessons that it has to teach us, to appreciate the present for what it has to offer, but of course it will be more than worth it if people also began to look forward to what is still yet to be. Here’s an even more powerful act – to look foward to the future, and to help shape it.
This is exactly what current technology is challenging us to do. With current movements in Artificial Technology and other trends, the technological scene is slowly changing its own horizons, calling on everyone else to catch up. To help you do precisely that, here are the top trends that you can look forward to in 2018.
CAPTION: There’s more to your gadgets than you’ll ever know.
- The AI Foundation: Of course, everyone knows just how ‘special’ artifical intelligence is. Its capacities for learning are consistently proving its power in the Man or Machine debate. More than this, however, developers are looking at integrating these machines into the very fabric of our everyday lives, until they become as commonplace as humans themselves.
- Intelligent apps and analytics: 2018 also allows you to look forward to a change in the way you interact with your applications in the Given how well machines learn, and how they are going to be integrated into our everyday lives, you’re also looking at apps that need minimal human supervision, and yet still doing everything right.
- Intelligent things: You’re probably the one managing your household, but can you imagine leaving it up to your AI devices to do the tricks of housekeeping for you? If that sounds unbelievable, you’d better believe it. Or how about getting to your office with your automobile already doing the thinking for you – where to pass to avoid traffic, which route is fastest to your office, as well as other concerns? Pretty amazing, right? Say hello to your 2018.
- Digital twin: What is a digital twin, you might ask. Very simply, a digital twin is a digital representation of real-world things or entities. Are you a university professor? How about having your own digital twin to do your lectures for you, while you’re out and about drinking coffee, or in your lab preparing for your next lecture? That’s just one small possibility for digital twins.
- Immersive experiences: Today’s world brought virtual reality to the mainstream by incorporating it into our playing and leisurely life. 2018 invites you to a kind of world where even business companies and other professional platforms use virtual immersive experience to allow you to get a clearer picture and feel of the possibilities.
2018 is not just inviting you to imagine things or solutions. It’s calling you to take action, to look for avenues wherein you, too, can innovate and create. The perfect time to begin is now, more than ever.