It is that time again – yes, good old Valentine’s Day. That day, you go out and shop for that ultimate gift that says you love someone very much. There are so many options to display your love – everything from fresh flowers to expensive jewelry, along with plush teddy bears and creamy chocolates.
You can take your partner out for food or opt to cook your own romantic dinner. It is the thought that counts, right? Over time it can feel like those good old favorites are starting to blend in a sea of red, pink, white, gold, and glitter. Eventually, as you age, you begin to notice that the same chocolates your dad brought home for your mom on February 14th are the ones you are now picking out for your partner, 20 years later.
Spicing it up!
1. Ever want to put a twist into the day? There are ways to shop for the old favorites that everyone loves but in a new way. You can put a little extra ‘Google’ in your step and come up with some great results from all the new artisan companies and locally owned businesses out there in the market today.
2. Take a few minutes and consider the differences. Yes, it takes you an extra 15 minutes to visit a website for flowers and shop. Still, you get a certified professional designer making a beautiful handcrafted arrangement for you to share with your loved one. Then you can take the time to browse through the options at an online bakery. This is where you will find handcrafted sweet treats that you can get to add to your gift selection.
3. Want to go away for a romantic weekend? Think that you can’t afford it? Think again! Try looking at the locally owned bed and breakfast places. Maybe look at a local hotel instead of that fancy corporate chain. Most local hotels or B&B places will take the time to put together those special well-thought-out deals that you may not find at a major hotel chain. Try an all-inclusive secluded resort in your backyard. You may not think that staying home is as romantic as going away, but stay-cations cost less and can be just as (if not more!) romantic than leaving town. They can also be less stressful! Winter is a time when your local area places will offer bigger discounts to draw in more traffic.
4. Does your loved one like gifts that make them feel beautiful? Personal care items or sparkling jewels are great but think about checking out some hand-made products. These personal care items do not have preservatives (most of the time) and can usually last longer and smell better.
5. Locally made jewelry has a lot of love and effort into the creation, and the designer usually will take their time to sort through and pick out the better-looking stones to make their pieces.
6. Do you simply want to shop for something but honestly may not have the time? Maybe you want to make it a surprise and have it randomly delivered to a place where your loved one frequents? Multiple online stores can assist you. They offer a “Valentine surprise” service that can deliver your gift to your loved one’s workplace. These services help you send valentines day cake or any other gift of your choosing by custom wrapping your ultimate gift and making sure it is delivered in a timely manner to surprise your loved one. While something like this can appear to be costly, it is a great way to manage your time and still be getting the gift that your loved one expects to get on that special day.
The bottom line is that you should not lose hope or look at Valentine’s Day with dread. It can be a fun day, which you can get creative with! Take the time to lay out a basic plan of action within reason, means, budget, and execution to your expectations! Just add a flair of creativity and a hint of surprise to your ultimate gift on the occasion of Valentine’s.
Featured Image by Ylanite Koppens from Pixabay