Either as an accompaniment for tea with your friends, or while to enjoy your me-time while you read a book or watch a movie, or to gain compliments from friends and guests at the Thanksgiving, this Blueberry sour cream coffee cake is a must try. Its rich blueberry flavor and buttery taste will leave you and your friends lingering for it more!
The Blueberry sour cream coffee cake is easy to make compared to many other crumb cake recipes and you will enjoy doing it, we bet!
Here’s the recipe and the corresponding ingredients to make this lip-smacking cake:
Sugar, 1 or 1.5 cups (adjust as per taste)
Softened butter, ¾ cup
Large-sized eggs, 4
Sour cream, 1 cup
All-purpose flour, 3 cups
Baking soda, a ¾ tablespoon
Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
Baking powder, 1 – 1.5 teaspoon
Salt, as per taste (1/4 teaspoon would suffice)
Brown sugar, ¼ cup
All-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon
Cinnamon (grounded), a ½ teaspoon
Blueberries (fresh or frozen), 2 cups
Milk, 2 -3 tablespoons
Confectioner’s sugar, 1 cup
Preheat oven to 350°.
Take a large bowl. Add cream butter, sugar and mix till it is light and fluffy.
Now, add one egg after the other beating well each one before you add the next one.
Add vanilla extract and beat well.
Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix thoroughly.
Add creamed mixture and sour cream, beat well.
Take a 10-in fluted tube pan and grease it. Spoon one-third of the batter into it.
Mix half each of brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon and sprinkle over the batter.
Slice berries into half and top with them.
Repeat the same in layering fashion till you are done with the batter.
Bake for an hour. Test using a toothpick for ensuring that the cake is fully baked.
Wait for 10 minutes, let the cake cool and remove from the wire rack.
Mix the glaze ingredients and drizzle them over the coffee cake.
Serve with tea or coffee or as a dessert and be ready to win compliments!
Friends, do you know that coffee is the most used beverage in the world? Yes. However, there are many myths and doubts about the usage and consumption of coffee. Here are such common questions that everyone faces in day to day life, explained with the help of science-backed data.
Which is the best time to drink coffee?
According to science, coffee and your serotonin levels should not clash. Serotonin is a hormone that decides your alertness levels and sleep levels. The levels of serotonin are at the peak during these periods: three hours from the time you wake up in the morning, and evening around 4-5 PM. If you drink coffee at these times, you are adding extra burden on to your body, which does no good in the long run.
Hence it is best to drink coffee from around 9.30 to 11.30 in the morning. Also, avoid drinking coffee after 3 PM as this would disturb your sleep pattern in the night.
How many calories does coffee give per cup?
This would depend on the type of coffee that you drink. Espresso, cappuccino, drip brewed and instant – each has its own levels of calories depending on the serving size, addition of sugar, milk or sweeteners.
A plain cup of black organic coffee gives you only 5 calories, provided there are no extra additions to it.
Does coffee do any good for my health?
Yes. It does. Coffee has many medicinal benefits when consumed the right way. Coffee is a rich source of many vitamins and minerals and also loads your body with antioxidants every time you sip your joe.
Some of the health benefits of consuming black coffee are:
- Kills cavity-causing bacteria and protects teeth from dental decay.
- Boosts metabolism and helps in fat loss.
- Flushes out toxins from the kidney and liver, and prevents the formation of stones in these organs.
- Keeps diabetes and heart problems at a bay.
- Imparts alertness to your brain and keeps you active.
- Increases blood circulation and gives a glowing skin.
- Soothes muscles after an intense workout.
- Prevents Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
- Boosts memory in the long term.
- Makes you happier and live longer.
- Reduces suicidal tendencies and increases positivity in thinking.
What are various techniques to brew coffee?
Ranging from the drip method using soft filter technique to using coffee making machines, there are many techniques to make coffee. Do you know? If you do not have any other equipment for making coffee, go back to primitive age and boil water in a bowl, throw in coffee powder and allow it to seep in its flavor into the water. We bet you have never done this! Coffee drinkers, those who have tried this method said, this is one of the strongest flavored coffee they ever had!
What does a light roast and dark roast mean?
These are the types of roasting adopted for coffee beans in the process of making coffee powder. Light roast involves roasting the coffee beans lightly, as a result, the flavor is not so strong but the caffeine content is very high in the resultant powder. On the other hand, dark roast involves roasting the coffee beans to higher temperatures, and hence caffeine content is lesser in this type, but it has the strongest flavor.
The flavor of the coffee also depends on the coffee beans types that are used for roasting. There are many varieties of coffee available in the world and each one has its own flavor based on the soil and the climatic conditions they have grown in.
Also, the health benefits that you gain from coffee vary with the coffee type. Drip brewed organic black coffee is best for your health while you get the least benefits from instant coffee powder.
How can I make my coffee healthier?
Coffee itself is very healthy for the human body. However, by taking certain precautions you can ensure that your cup of joe is helping you furthermore in improving your health:
- Never consume coffee on an empty stomach or as soon as you wake up from sleep.
- Drink coffee in moderation. Limit coffee consumption to 2-3 cups daily.
- Drink black coffee for attaining maximum benefits. Add stevia to make it tastier and healthier.
- If you are suffering from hypertension, it is better to seek medical suggestion before deciding over the number of coffee cups that you can have safely.
- Coffee can be slightly diuretic. Hence it is suggested to drink a glass of water before you reach out for the coffee cup.
- If you are a pregnant or lactating woman, it is advised to keep coffee consumption in the limit, as excessive coffee can increase blood pressure, make you exhausted and leave you drained.
- Coffee gives that kick, only when your body is habituated to caffeine in small amounts. If you drink excessive coffee, chances are high that your body can develop caffeine resistance and you no longer get wired by a cup of coffee.
- Coffee is the highest sprayed crop in the world. Hence it is a wise choice to opt for organic coffee if you want to prevent the side effects of pesticides.
That’s all friends! Enjoy your sipping! Drink coffee, stay happy and healthier!
Donna Jones is a copywriter and content writer who specializes in building online communities, email marketing campaigns, and sales pages. Donna focuses on helping people to understand how to better drive traffic, develop relationships and earn revenue online. Her writing skills may be confirmed independently American Heroes Coffee.