Mens Wedding Rings are more than a bit of jewelry for the finger. Wedding bands remain a symbol of commitment and love. These rings symbolize eternal or constant love by being in the shape of a circle and signify a relationship to last for a lifetime. Choosing a wedding band for your significant other or future husband remains a serious choice for you to make.
A man might not have preferences about the type of wedding ring they prefer. Or the gentleman in question might have a kind of ring in mind. With the tips below, you should get a good idea of what to look for in a men’s wedding ring to suit their needs and lifestyle.
Characteristics of a Mens Wedding Rings
A few tips about wedding rings will help you choose the right ring for your man. Or let him choose a ring of his own. Either way, you’ll benefit from these tips for this purchase.
1. The wideness of the band. If your man is active or works with his hands, he may prefer a men’s wedding ring that is slimmer.
2. Set a budget for a wedding band and stick to it. You can get a ring made out of many sturdy metals from titanium to platinum. If your guy has piercings or he wears other types of jewelry, you might want to choose a ring made of a matching metal.
3. What’s the type of metal you want in your desired wedding ring? Your choice of metals changes the price of a wedding band significantly. The metal of mens wedding rings remains less expensive when titanium and silver metals are used.
The next highest metal in price is white gold or yellow gold. A recent addition to wedding band materials remains a ring made of rose gold. Rose gold stands out as unique among most types of wedding bands.
Palladium looks like platinum and makes an impressive wedding band. This metal is of better quality than silver and usually costs less than either white gold or platinum.
Platinum wedding rings remain the most expensive choices in rings. Platinum wedding bands wear well and look luxurious and elegant, too. Platinum remains one of the rarest elements to be mined on the earth. You should choose the highest quality ring you can afford and still stay in your budget.
If you’re having trouble picking a metal type for men’s wedding rings, take a look at mixed metal rings. Silver and yellow gold colored metals blend nicely together. Mixing rose gold and white gold makes for a nice contrast, too.
4. Proper wedding ring fit remains one of the most crucial aspects of selecting a wedding ring. If the ring fit feels too small, your husband might take it off and leave it off. If the wedding band fits loosely, it might fall off and get lost. A properly fitting ring fits so comfortably on a man’s finger that it becomes a part of him. To ensure a comfortable and secure fit, have your future husband’s ring finger measured accurately and try the ring on.
5. Details make a mens wedding ring unique. Wedding bands can have a smooth finish or be minutely detailed in design. Matt finishes ensure that the ring doesn’t catch the light, while glossy finishes shine.
6. Gemstones in the band add bling to a wedding band. Your significant other might want diamonds set into his wedding band setting. Another popular ring design includes the birthstones of both members of the relationship.
7. Engravings inside the ring make the wedding band special. You may have a saying or part of a poem that means something special to your relationship. Or you may have a favorite bible verse that both partners love. Even something as simple as an engraved wedding date inside the band can be both a romantic and sentimental meaning. The latest in engravings is having your beloved’s fingerprint placed inside your betrothal or wedding ring.
Unless you’re a professional jeweler, you could probably use some personal assistance in shopping for mens wedding rings. Find a reputable jeweler, take your fiancé with you, and enjoy choosing a wedding band that will symbolize your lifetime of love.