Why Consider A Moodle Based Learning Management System
A learning management system or LMS is a software program designed to administer learning and training programs of various courses. With rapid advancements in technology, businesses these days are using Moodle Based LMS typically as a cloud-based system, enabling students to authenticate themselves, enroll for courses, and further take assessments for learning outcomes.
An increasing number of organizations across the world are using Learning Management Systems to supplement their learning and training needs. Unlike traditional classrooms, these platforms have a multitude of benefits. In the conventional method of teaching, learning is restricted to classes with trainers imparting knowledge to all the students together. They are usually unaware of the learning abilities and knowledge retention capabilities of the learners. Using an LMS allows students learn at their own pace. You can break down the training content in small fragments or micro-nuggets, which helps the students to understand and grasp the concept effectively before moving ahead with the training. Students get an excellent opportunity to learn anywhere and anytime, removing the boundaries of physical classrooms. You can use a Cloud LMS to support team learning across geographies, while enabling knowledge-sharing and brainstorming.
What Is Moodle based LMS?
An open-source, free-to-download, flexible, and user-friendly eLearning platform, supported by a global community of more than 68 million users globally from all types of organizations. It is ideal for online course development, workplace safety training, compliance training, on-boarding training, competency-based training and management, hiring, recruitment and interview process, and product and service launches.
Advantages Of Moodle based LMS
- User-Friendly Interface: A user-friendly interface and self-descriptive features of navigation. It is easy to use and requires minimal investment effort into training or to familiarize your employees on its practical use.
- Easy Integration: Easily integrate with various business functions of your organization like compliance, human resource management, workflow management, customer relationship management, talent management, etc. It’s features enable you to share data across all geographies.
- Content Management: Unlike other available LMSs, a Moodle based LMS supports all the prevailing eLearning standards, such as Tin Can/xAPI and SCORM. Additionally, It allows you to upload your existing videos and documents, and also share training materials between courses.
- Easy Accessibility: Responsive design. As such, you can rest assured that the training content can fit screens of different sizes, such as smartphones and tablets, as most of the people use their smartphones while on the move, you must ensure that the LMS supports mobile learning. People these days also want more social engagement. Moodle based LMS comes with all the features that enable communication through discussion boards.
- Assessment and Testing: Conduct assessments and tests as part of the learning process. It has various assessments and testing features like manual and automatic marking, storing a learner’s complete assessment portfolio, etc.
- Tracking and Reporting: An essential benefit of Moodle based LMS is that it has features that allow you to track and record learner’s progress with training. You can also analyze their performance and keep a record of learners who have or haven’t completed their training.
Over 500 Plugins
Moodle based LMS has gained immense popularity as it is highly flexible, configurable, and feature-rich with hundred of plugins add features. These plugins enable you to achieve all your business goals and make learning fun and engaging.
Due to specific features like configuration, flexibility, and user-friendliness, Moodle based LMS has increasingly gained popularity. Organizations are outsourcing tasks to LMS vendors as it is more cost-effective and allows them to avail expert services, eliminating the need for hiring them from within the organization.