Many people, especially teachers and professors, are truly convinced that young people should deeply understand how to write essays, especially application essays, properly by the time they reach college or university. That’s why most students feel panic and fear. This happens at the thought of not knowing enough to perform a certain task. Only a few realize that people actually need 2 types of skills to be successful in writing. We are talking about an ability to absorb new information (reading, planning, research) and the ability to analyze it (discussion, arguments, etc.). These two skills can be easily taught. If you want to learn how to do it fast, we can help you with that.
Where To Start
There are 4 basic stages of any writing process. They are:
Never mix or omit any of these 4 steps. This is the most common and the most dangerous mistake. If you really want to produce a good college application essay, you shouldn’t skip planning or research in order to fasten the process of writing. Make sure that the planning section is completed before you proceed to writing. Fresh ideas always come after a while. So, make sure to leave some extra time for additional thoughts.
- Firstly, deeply analyze the topic of your essay, and figure out the main issues.
- Secondly, make a rough plan. Review and revise it more than once. Don’t make it too long or too short. One page is completely enough.
- Now you can start writing an essay. Don’t rush. Create the draft (but don’t try to edit it at the same time).
- Proofread and revise for several times. Make sure that everything written in your essay is relevant to the main thesis. Each sentence as well as paragraph should smoothly lead on to the next one.
- Leave your essay for a day or two. Then read it aloud one more time. If it is possible, give your writing to another person to look through.
1 Secret Tip For a Perfect Writing
Scientists claim that brainstorming is the fastest way to gather and express your best thoughts and ideas. It is very similar to a workout routine. Unlike physical exercises, this is a brain type workout. Everything you need to do is to set a timer (5-10 minutes) and to write every idea and thought that comes to your mind about your essay topic. Try not to think too long or to write a composed story. It can be a list or a table with your central points and arguments. After this, look through the written content, analyze it, and pick out the best ideas.
Remember, writing an essay shouldn’t be a torture. Sometimes, you need to write more than three drafts to produce a profound content. As we all know, practice makes perfect.