Holiday Cocktail Ideas
During the holiday season, we all end up going to multiple parties and family gatherings. It’s time to spice things up and introduce some new Holiday cocktail ideas and spirits to the fun. I have had the pleasure to sample some new spirits that I had never tried and new cocktail recipes. These recipes will help add a little extra cheer to your holiday celebrations, so step out and try something new.
Generally, I am a vodka guy so sampling a new vodka is right up my ally, I had the pleasure to try Bedlam Vodka, a leading craft vodka distilled and bottled by Graybeard Distillery. First, I sampled the Bedlam straight up slightly chilled; it is very smooth going down with a sweetness and a slight floral after taste. The flavors and smoothness really make this a great vodka straight up or in a cocktail.
Bedlam Vodka is distilled in Durham, North Carolina, from rice, which makes it gluten-free and adds a smooth finish that you don’t normally get from other Vodkas.
Check these great cocktails using Bedlam Vodka.
Christmas in Rio
- 10 Cranberries Fresh Cranberries
- .5 oz Lime, quartered & muddled (1/2oz lime juice)
- .75 oz Demerara syrup (2:1 Sugar in the Raw : water)
- 1.5 oz Grand Marnier
- 1.5 oz Bedlam Vodka
- Muddle Cranberries, then lime in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Add remaining ingredients with ice and shake till sufficiently chilled. Pour all contents into a rocks glass and Enjoy.
- 4 Dash "Sycophant" Crude Bitters
- 1 Dash Fee Brothers Black walnut bitters
- .25 oz Fig Syrup
- 2.5 oz Bedlam Vodka
- Add all ingredients to an old-fashioned glass with ice and stir till sufficiently chilled. Express lemon peel over the drink.
E&J Brandy Ritz & Glitz
and Glitz is a delicious cocktail that combines champagne with the most popular
American brandy, E&J Brandy.
- 1.5 oz E&J Brandy VSOP
- .5 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Splash LaMarca Prosecco Top with Prosecoo
- 1 Lemon Garnish with a Lemon Peel
- Combine brandy and fresh lemon juice into a champagne flute or highball glass, top with champagne and stir lightly. Garnish with a lemon peel.
Camarena Old Fashioned
- 2 oz Camarena Reposado
- .5 oz Agave Nectar
- 2 Dashes Bitters
- Place your ingredients into a glass filled with ice and stir to mix the ingredients. Garnish with orange peel.
Coconut Drop at Midnight
Round out your holiday celebrations and kick-off 2020 with the fizzy and fresh
Coconut Drop at Midnight to head into the new year on the right foot.
- 2 oz RumHaven
- .5 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 oz Prosecco add a splash of prosecco
- Combine all ingredients in champagne glasses. Top with prosecco and garnish with a lime
Step out from the normal tried and true holiday cocktails, forget about those old standards like eggnog or wine this season, try some of the fresh and festive ideas listed above. Add a little pizzazz to your holiday celebration and make a drink station with all the fixing so your guests can experiment with their own drink concoctions, your party will be the talk of the town all year. Just wait for next year, everyone will be asking you if you’re having a holiday party. Enjoy the holiday celebrations!