Holiday Cocktail Ideas
During the holiday season, we all end up going to multiple parties and family gatherings. It’s time to spice things up and introduce some new Holiday cocktail ideas and spirits to the fun. I have had the pleasure to sample some new spirits that I had never tried and new cocktail recipes. These recipes will help add a little extra cheer to your holiday celebrations, so step out and try something new.
Cocalero Clásico has partnered with RESIDENT EVIL: Infinite Darkness.
If you are not a fancy cocktail kind of person, Cocalero Clasico has partnered with Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness. This south American Herbal Liqueur doesn’t need a mixer in my eyes. Seventeen natural botanicals and herbs, with notable hints of coca leaf, juniper, guarana, orange peel, ginseng, ginger, green tea, and lavender. With so many hidden flavors, it is hard to figure out what you like best. Cocalero makes the perfect for just a simple, neat shot or over ice, the flavors will make your taste buds happy. Or spice up your next classic cocktail with a splash of Cocalero Clasico. Try out this recipe.
- 1 oz Cocalero
- 1 oz Creme de cacao white
- 1 oz Heavy cream
- Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake for 10 sec.
- Strain into your favorite cocktail glass and enjoy
- You can add a mint sprig as garnish
Generally, I am a vodka guy so sampling a new vodka is right up my alley, I had the pleasure to try Bedlam Vodka, a leading craft vodka distilled and bottled by Graybeard Distillery. First, I sampled the Bedlam straight up slightly chilled; it is very smooth going down with a sweetness and a slight floral after taste. The flavors and smoothness really make this a great vodka straight up or in a cocktail.
Bedlam Vodka is distilled in Durham, North Carolina, from rice, which makes it gluten-free and adds a smooth finish that you don’t normally get from other Vodkas.
Christmas in Rio
- 10 Cranberries Fresh Cranberries
- .5 oz Lime, quartered & muddled (1/2oz lime juice)
- .75 oz Demerara syrup (2:1 Sugar in the Raw : water)
- 1.5 oz Grand Marnier
- 1.5 oz Bedlam Vodka
- Muddle Cranberries, then lime in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Add remaining ingredients with ice and shake till sufficiently chilled. Pour all contents into a rocks glass and Enjoy.
- 4 Dash "Sycophant" Crude Bitters
- 1 Dash Fee Brothers Black walnut bitters
- .25 oz Fig Syrup
- 2.5 oz Bedlam Vodka
- Add all ingredients to an old-fashioned glass with ice and stir till sufficiently chilled. Express lemon peel over the drink.
Pornstar Martini Cocktail
- Paring knife
- cocktail strainer
- Fine strainer
- Chilled martini or coupe glass
- Shot glass
- 1.5 whole Passion fruit
- 2 oz Vodka
- .5 oz Passoa Liqueur
- .5 oz simple syrup
- 2 oz Brut Champagne chilled
- .5 tbsp vanilla extract
- .5 whole passion fruit for garnish
- Cut two passion fruits in half. Scoop our insides of 3 halves into a cocktail shaker. Save the 4th half for garnish.
- Add the vodka, passoa liqueur, simple syrup, and vanilla extract to the shaker.
- Fill with ice and shake extremely vigorously. You want to create a nice foam layer when you pour.
- Use a fine strainer to pour into your glass. Gently float the 4th half of passion fruit in the glass, cut side up.
- Pour a small glass with champagne.
- Alternate sips between glasses.
E&J Brandy Ritz & Glitz
- 1.5 oz E&J Brandy VSOP
- .5 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Splash LaMarca Prosecco Top with Prosecoo
- 1 Lemon Garnish with a Lemon Peel
- Combine brandy and fresh lemon juice into a champagne flute or highball glass, top with champagne and stir lightly. Garnish with a lemon peel.
Camarena Old Fashioned
- 2 oz Camarena Reposado
- .5 oz Agave Nectar
- 2 Dashes Bitters
- Place your ingredients into a glass filled with ice and stir to mix the ingredients. Garnish with orange peel.
Coconut Drop at Midnight
- 2 oz RumHaven
- .5 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 oz Prosecco add a splash of prosecco
- Combine all ingredients in champagne glasses. Top with prosecco and garnish with a lime peel.
Step out from the normal tried and true holiday cocktails, forget about those old standards like eggnog or wine this season, try some of the fresh and festive ideas listed above. Add a little pizzazz to your holiday celebration and make a drink station with all the fixing so your guests can experiment with their own drink concoctions, your party will be the talk of the town all year. Just wait for next year, everyone will be asking you if you’re having a holiday party. Enjoy the holiday celebrations!