Many devices support certain formats only. To change these video formats, you can convert videos using special video converters apps. Let’s figure out what is the best video conversion software for 2021.
The latest technology allows us to shoot excellent quality videos. However, videos filmed with the best shooting modes are usually oversized. This can cause problems when uploading to social media platforms due to size restrictions and can also increase the actual download time on a slow internet connection.
Moreover, large videos take up a lot of space on your PC’s hard drive, USB device, or memory card. To solve such problems, you can convert video online or install apps on your device. Today most video converters change video formats and compress their size without quality losses.
Video converters are in great demand not only among bloggers and videographers but among ordinary users as well. The developers offer many video conversion software; however, some of them are of poor quality.
In this article, we will take a look at the top three best video conversion software of 2021. Read on and choose the software that’s right for you.
Why Do We Need to Change the Video Format?
In total, there are three reasons for using video conversion software:
- To resize a video file. A user needs to reduce the video size to share it, upload it to the site or social nets, etc.
- To edit video from a digital camera. The camera uses the MJPEG format as a standard, with an uncompressed codec. Video converters help to split audio tracks and compress files.
- To change video format. A user needs to convert videos for stable playback on the device.
Moreover, mobile device users are often faced with the problem of inappropriate resolution. Conversion helps to cope with this as well. A video converter performs all these functions by reducing file size, improving image and sound quality, changing the resolution, and much more.
The Main Criteria for Choosing Video Conversion Software
Each app has its functions and options, but there are common features to look out for when choosing software:
- The number of formats to process. Pay attention to the number of formats presented by online video converters. Some of them tend to have limited features.
- Conversion of audio, video, books, images. Most services convert video and audio files only. But some applications convert all of the above files.
- Pricing. You can convert video online for free, or download the desktop version for free as well, or buy a subscription with advanced features.
- Performance and speed. This is how quickly the program converts your file to the required format. This can take from a few minutes to several hours.
- Ease of use and internal interface.
Top 3 Video Converters in 2021
Movavi Video Converter
Movavi’s app opens our list of the best video converters. With this software, you can convert video online or install a desktop version to change video formats without an internet connection.
It’s a versatile application that can change the video format and extract the sound from the video, which is a pretty much requested feature. The app supports all popular file formats (over 180), such as MP4, GIF, AVI, MOV, RAW, WMV, VOB, MKV, MP3, and more, for all popular devices. The resulting files are suitable for absolutely any device based on Android, iOS, Windows, or Mac.
Moreover, this video encoding software has many codecs, including H.265 and H.264, which produce videos with excellent quality. After converting to the desired format, you can check the result using a special function.
The main features of this video conversion software are:
- Converting videos to a huge number of formats. A complete list of supported formats can be found on the official website.
- Saving video for mobile devices.
- Basic video editing tools: video cropping and cutting; video stabilization; styling; merging fragments; creating GIF files; rotating a video file by 90, 180, 270, and 360 degrees.
- Batch conversion.
- Changing the audio format.
The app is available online, as well as for Windows and Mac.
Pricing: you can convert video online for free; Video Converter Premium (desktop) – $39.95 for a one-year subscription or $49.95 for a lifetime license.
This video converter is worthy of your attention, and to describe all its functions and tools, we will need a separate article. To find out more, visit the official website.
This online video conversion software supports over 200 different formats of audio, video, documents, ebooks, archives, images, spreadsheets, and presentations. The service can import files from your computer and Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, and URL. After uploading the file, you need to choose which format to convert to.
This video converter doesn’t need to be downloaded and installed. You can convert videos online as a guest and for free. However, the number of conversions per day is limited to 25. Or you can also purchase a one-time package for conversion minutes or a subscription for a fixed amount of them. You can read more about how it works here.
This app for changing video format differs from the previous one in a longer conversion speed. The quality of the final video remains good, but you will have to wait a bit. The platform has an API that allows you to embed conversion tools into your website or app.
The main features of this online video converter are:
- Converting different files (images, video, audio, archives, text files, presentations, drawings, spreadsheets) to many formats online and without registration. You can also purchase a premium package.
- You can convert video online from your mobile device (Android, iOS). The app doesn’t require installation.
- Changing the parameters of the converted file. You can change the video resolution, sound quality, etc.
- Storing the file on the server for another day if you can’t download it right away.
This video conversion software is available online from any device based on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS.
Pricing: free of charge for guests and logged-in users with a limited number of conversions. You can purchase a conversion minutes package or a subscription.
In general, this video converter doesn’t require downloading and is an ideal option for those who don’t want to install the app on their devices or don’t have sufficient PC performance. The main thing is to have a good and stable internet connection.
The first two apps on our list of the best video converters of 2021 can convert files online and after installation on a PC. This video conversion software is available for mobile devices and is ideal for those who are on the go all the time. This app fulfills the basic functions of any video converter, namely, changing video format.
A multifunctional program that converts videos and trims them extracts the sound from clips and plays it in the built-in player. This is a very convenient tool since you don’t have to download different software to perform all necessary tasks.
In addition, the app has a built-in archiver (.zip, .rar, .7z). It should be noted that the video converter is available only for owners of mobile devices on iOS. You can download this video conversion software for your iPhone from the App Store here.
The main functions of this video converter are:
- Converting various video formats (MP4, MOV, 3GP, 3G2, ASF, MKV, VOB, MPEG, WMV, FLV, AVI).
- Extracting sound from video and converting audio formats (MP3, M4A, OGG, WAV, FLAC, WMA, AIFF, CAF, ADX, AC3, AAC, M4R).
- Video cropping.
- Archiving and unpacking Zip, Rar, 7z, and other formats.
- A built-in video player.
Available for iOS only.
Pricing: the video converter is free with in-app purchases.
We’ve described the top three best video converters. Choose a suitable converter for you depending on your goals and convert files without quality loss. You can find out all the detailed information on the official websites of these video conversion software options.
Featured Image by David Schwarzenberg from Pixabay