Cannabidiol, a vital component of the hemp plant, is the buzzword in modern skincare and medicine. It was isolated less than a century ago, but because of the problematic legal status of marijuana, it was poorly researched until the 21st century. Now, with numerous advances in the CBD research area, it has become widely used as a potent herbal alternative to painkillers and antidepressants. Besides, CBD is known for its potent anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it popular among athletes managing muscle aches, pain, and inflammation in traumatized body areas.
A CBD roll-on is one of the most convenient forms of CBD application to painful, inflamed areas. This solution is more optimal for athletes and people wishing topical relief of specific body areas. So, how can you choose the right CBD roll on for your health needs, and what issues should you consider when evaluating these products’ quality? This article dives deep into the topic and gives informed answers to all troubling questions of CBD consumers.
How Does a CBD Roll-On Work?
Many people use the CBD roll-on for pain. A specific shape of the CBD roll-on tube allows the CBD oil’s application to painful and inflamed areas. The roll-on’s design usually includes a plastic tube with CBD-enriched liquid and a roller ball on its top, which releases small amounts of the liquid when it’s rolled on the skin. The principle of this roll-on’s work is similar to that of an antiperspirant.
CBD oil is not the only component of CBD roll-ons; the liquid contained in this product is usually enhanced with other soothing ingredients of natural origin. The most popular choices are lavender or peppermint, used to achieve the cooling and calming effect of roll-ons. If you look for the warming effect of your CBD roll-on, look for products with chili pepper extract or arnica; they will produce the desired outcome and help warm the muscles before an intense workout. The base oil used in the CBD roll-on may be hemp seed oil or coconut oil.
CBD Roll-On vs. Cream
The market of CBD topicals is very broad, so you can find various products that can be applied directly to your skin and help you avoid oral CBD administration. So, you may face a reasonable dilemma about using the roll-on CBD versus other topicals, such as a CBD cream. Let’s take a closer look at the distinction to help you make an informed choice.
- CBD roll-ons allow convenient application. A cream is less economical and can get messy, as you need to rub the CBD-enriched substance into the skin. By getting too much cream from the tube, you will need to spend more time rubbing it and have the cream all over your fingers, which may be undesirable.
- CBD rolls provide portability and discreteness benefits. You can put the roll-on in a small bag or even in your pocket and use a small amount of CBD liquid whenever necessary. Other CBD versions are more demanding in terms of space and application and can cause unnecessary questions if applied in a public place.
Tips on Choosing the Right CBD Roll-On
Now, a few words on choosing the top-quality roll-on for personal use. There are dozens of product versions on the market today, and each claims to be the best. But how can you trust a brand and check its reputation to avoid safety concerns?
- Check the brand inside out. The first step in product selection is a brand check. Look for the source of hemp they use for CBD extraction and verify their extraction techniques to see that CBD is safe and organic.
- Study the independent labs’ test results. Once you come up with a list of several brands, you need to check their COA documentation (certificate of analysis). The COA reports are needed to prove that the product indeed contains the ingredients indicated on the label and follows the indicated concentration of those components.
- CBD oil type. The final point of the check is the CBD type your manufacturer has added to the roll-on. It can be full-spectrum CBD (the one with meager amounts of THC and a rich terpene and cannabinoid profile), broad-spectrum CBD (a terpene-rich CBD type without THC), and a CBD isolate (only CBD).
How to Get Maximum Value from a CBD Roll-On?
It’s noteworthy that CBD oil usually comes in a smaller concentration in a roll-on than in oral products, like CBD tinctures or capsules. Thus, you need to apply it correctly to reap the maximum benefit from CBD contents and enjoy pain and inflammation relief. Here are some tips for making the most of CBD roll-on use.
- Apply the roll-on precisely. It’s often wrong to apply the CBD topical right to the aching zone, as you may confuse the source of that pain. For instance, your head mostly aches because of shoulder and neck tension. You should treat these areas instead of your head to eliminate the migraine. Thus, properly identifying the pain source can help you achieve instant relief.
- Dose the CBD liquid correctly. You will only feel the tangible effects of CBD if you apply the right amount to the painful area. Thus, rolling the roll-on several times over the area you want to treat is vital and rubbing the substance to feel the product’s immediate effect. However, this variant is more suitable for experienced CBD users; those who start out should begin with low CBD doses and see how it goes. This way, you can avoid side effects or unpleasant overdosing.
- Check for allergies. CBD is a natural component of hemp, so it may cause allergic reactions in some users. To avoid such discomfort, you need to test the newly acquired roll-on in a small area of your skin and see what happens. Your skin shouldn’t feel irritated or itchy; there should be no signs of a rash. If all this happens, you’d better look for another CBD product.
- Clean the roll after use. The rule of thumb for using CBD topicals and other cosmetic products is to avoid contamination of the substance with skin particles, sebum, etc. The better you clean the roll after its use. The longer your roll-on will serve you without skin damage or allergy.
Using these simple precautions and recommendations, you can reap maximum value from CBD roll-on use and prolong its shelf life.
Does CBD from a roll-on get into my bloodstream?
No, a CBD roll-on is a topical applied to a specific body area that aches or is inflamed. So, you treat the problem topically – the CBD you apply to that zone gets absorbed into the skin and works directly on the affected joint or muscle. It is unlikely to get into your bloodstream.
How to apply the CBD roll-on?
The principle of using CBD roll-ons is pretty simple; you need to roll the ball over the affected part of your body and then rub it into your skin to help it absorb better.
Can CBD roll-in help address anxiety?
It’s not the best variant of CBD roll-on use, as the CBD topical is more suitable for relieving pain and inflammation in the concrete body areas. Still, if you feel overly anxious and need urgent help, you can use the CBD roll-on for symptom relief. Place some CBD on your temples and neck, and you’ll soon feel the soothing effect of its absorption into the skin.
How long does the CBD roll-on need to take effect?
As the CBD you administer via roll-on absorbs into your skin, it will typically take up to one to two hours to take effect and start calming your pain and stress. So, don’t expect an immediate effect of topicals; a quicker effect comes only via CBD oil’s oral consumption, vaping, or smoking of CBD products, which come into effect within 5-15 minutes.
How long will the effect of CBD roll-on last?
The length of CBD impact on your body symptoms depends on the CBD roll-on’s concentration of CBD and other assistive ingredients, your body mass, and the severity of your condition. However, the average timing of CBD’s effect is from 2 to 6 hours.
How often can I use the CBD roll-on?
It is recommended not to exceed four times a day for regular CBD application with the help of a CBD roll-on. However, you should also check the CBD concentration on your roll-on label and follow the manufacturer’s recommendations. For high-potency CBD roll-ons, an even lower number of daily uses may be optimal.
Does CBD roll-on help with sleep problems?
Yes, you can apply a CBD roll-on to improve sleep quality and manage insomnia. Use the CBD roll-on on the back of your neck and wrists to absorb quickly and give you a great night’s sleep. To achieve a powerful relaxing effect before bedtime, you may apply the roll-on to pulse joints on your neck and temples.