For the Pork Loin
- 1 small pork loin (with rind, if possible) 1.5 lbs. (or larger for leftovers)
- 4 Tablespoons daRosario organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh sage, divided
- 4 Tablespoons daRosario Organic White Truffle Acacia Honey, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
- Allow pork to come to room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Rub with the olive oil and lightly salt.
- With a small knife, make shallow piercings all around the meat and stuff some of the sage into the cuts.
- Place meat on a rack in a roasting pan and cook in a 375° oven for 45 minutes, basting every 10-15 minutes and adding sage leaves to the tray drippings. Internal temperature should be between 145° for medium rare and 160° for medium.
- Switch oven to broil and cook a few minutes longer to get a light brown crust.
- Remove from oven. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of honey and slice.
- Cook whole unpeeled sweet potatoes in boiling salted water for 30 minutes until tender.
- Drain and cool for 10 minutes. Peel and cut into 1” slices.
- Place potatoes in bowl and mash, adding small amounts of oil slowly until smooth.
- Fold in the nutmeg and add salt to taste.
Add a mound of mashed in the center of a plate. Top with a few slices of pork and drizzle with more white truffle honey.
Recipe provided by DaRosario
DaRosario is a New York based organic truffle and truffle based product company founded by Rosario Safina in 2004. daRosario Organics became 100% USDA Certified Organic in 2008 and is the only certified truffle company in the world. Products feature real truffles as opposed to synthetic chemical flavoring.
products are available on their website, www.darosario.com
Follow on Instagram @darosario_organics