- 2 Tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz each fresh exotic mushrooms, (yellow oysters, maitake, hojimenji, etc.)
- 1 Tablespoon of AP flour
- 2 oz daRosario White truffle Butter, divided
- 2/3 cup organic vegetable stock
- 1 package skillet gnocchi (Rana Brand)
- ¼ cup grated Fontina cheese
- 1 Tablespoon of minced flat leaf parsley
- Salt to taste.
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
In a sauté pan with low flame, add the organic evoo and wait 2 minutes for the pan to get hot.
Cut up the mushrooms into small pieces (about the size of your thumb nail). Add to the pan and cook till
lightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove mushrooms, cover and set aside.
Add the flour to the pan, then add 1 teaspoon of the truffle butter and whisk to make a light roux. Add
the stock a little at a time and whisk till smooth. Add the gnocchi and fontina to the pan and cook till
tender. Add remaining truffle butter, roasted mushrooms, and mix well. Salt to taste. Sprinkle with
parsley and serve.
Recipe provided by DaRosario
DaRosario is a New York based organic truffle and truffle based product company founded by Rosario Safina in 2004. daRosario Organics became 100% USDA Certified Organic in 2008 and is the only certified truffle company in the world. Products feature real truffles as opposed to synthetic chemical flavoring.
products are available on their website, www.darosario.com
Follow on Instagram @darosario_organics