Wrap your guests around your little finger with fiery fiesta style food that’s perfect for parties, picnics or during the game.
Preparation: 20 Minutes
Cooking: 7 Minutes
- 4 Chicken fillets, each cut into 3
- ½ Cup Nando’s PERi-PERi sauce
- 2t Ground turmeric
- 2T Canola oil
- 1 Cup (250ml) plain yoghurt
- 2T Cumin seeds, lightly toasted
- 4 Tortillas
- 15g micro herbs
Watermelon and tomato salad
- ½ Watermelon, cut into chunks
- 200g Ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 15g Fresh mint
- 1 Lemon, squeezed
- 2T Extra virgin olive oil
- Mix together the ground turmeric and Nando’s PERi-PERi sauce and coat the chicken fillets in the mixture.
- Heat oil over a medium heat and brown the chicken until cooked.
- To make the salad, mix the watermelon, tomato and mint and dress with the freshly squeezed lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix together the yogurt and toasted cumin seeds and set aside.
- Toast the tortillas over a gas flame or in a dry pan over a high heat.
- To assemble, place the toasted tortillas on a plate and top with the watermelon salad and chicken and spoon over the cumin yogurt. Garnish with micro herbs and serve.
Recipe Provided by Nando’s PERi-PERi Chicken
The first Nando’s restaurant opened its doors just outside of Johannesburg, South Africa and has since spread its flame to 1,200+ restaurants in 23 countries on five continents. Originating in the heart of South Africa in 1987, Nando’s PERi-PERi embodies the zest and vibrance of the African Spirit, bringing fire to your food with the main ingredient African Bird’s Eye Chilli combined with a squeeze of lemon and kick of garlic. Though technically not a hot sauce, Nando’s PERi-PERi is the number one category leader for hot sauce sales in South Africa, the UK and Australia and has been making headway in the U.S. since 2003 with its five distinct sauces: Lemon & Herb, Garlic, Medium, Hot and XX Hot. All Nando’s PERi-PERi sauces are made with all natural ingredients and no artificial flavoring.
For more information on Nando’s, go to www.nandosperiperi.com or visit @NandosUSA on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.