Anyone who has live in the US will understand how important Labor Day Weekend is for people. The weekend is often planned months in advance and people really do take full advantage of the 4 day break. Here in Minneapolis we enjoyed cycling, hiking and enjoyed some good food and drink. We decided to cook fish and whilst normally we would choose a standard white wine we were recommended to pair our food with Pinot Wine. The specific bottle was named Soul Sister.
This was a fantastic choice in which this particular Pinot Noir us wonderfully balanced and is definitely better than many low cost wines we have tasted. It is very smooth and is a great drink with food. I would definitely order Soul Sister again and plan to take a bottle back to the UK.
“The name is derived from the French words for pine and black; the pine alluding to the grape variety having tightly clustered, pine cone-shaped bunches of fruit.” Wikipedia
Here are some fast facts about wine and wine-making, courtesy of Save Me, San Francisco Wine Co.:
- 700: the number of grape berries in a single bottle of wine
- One: number of tons of grapes required to produce 180 gallons of wine
- 59: the number of gallons in a single barrel of wine
- 25: number of cases of wine that a single barrel will fill
- Six: the number of song titles by the Grammy Award-winning band Train celebrated through Save Me, San Francisco wine varietals
- 80: number of awards bestowed upon Save Me, San Francisco wines
Have you tried this wine? I would love to know your thoughts.