I know that ‘health is wealth,’ is more than a famous saying, it is a must in life, and I try to live by it. To ensure that my health is in an optimum state, I only eat healthy foods. Just because I only eat healthy foods, does not mean I only eat plain bland foods. I have added the Keto Smoothie to my meal plan and it is quite delicious. I rely on this superfood, as much as my loved ones also depend on me. This smoothie is one of my favorite keto snacks.
Keto, derived from the word Ketosis, which is the body’s normal process of generating glucose through burning stored fats instead of getting it from the body’s carbohydrates. In other words, having my own Keto Smoothie is intended to cut the body’s overwhelming carbohydrates reserves and to get the energy-rich glucose from burning fats, while simultaneously enjoying a sweet treat.
The Keto Smoothie is a high-fat, rich in protein, and definitely of lowest carbs snack. It is full of benefits as it helps with weight loss, reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases, and could possibility kill cancer cells. Not bad for a smoothie, right?
So, I believe it is time to finally show you how to make your own Keto Smoothie with Avocado, Cacao, and Chia Seeds.
Keto Smoothie With Avocado, Cacao, and Chia Seeds: Ingredients
- 1 1/4 Coconut Milk. Coconut milk is an excellent base for my Keto Smoothie as it is an excellent source of healthy fat called lauric acid. Lauric acid prevents heart attacks, lowers cholesterol levels, and stabilizes blood pressure.
- 1 Tablespoon of Chia Seeds. Chia seeds contain essential fatty acids and vitamins A, B, E, and D. Also, it has iron, thiamine, niacin, and magnesium.
- 1 Tablespoon of Almond Butter. One of the best sources of healthy fat and beneficial fiber. In addition, almond butter improves your good cholesterol count and reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- 2 Teaspoons of Cacao Nibs. Cacao nibs have phytonutrients that help absorb the body’s free radicals. A vast reserve of antioxidants can also be found in cacaos which reduce the risk of cancer and different forms of infections.
- 1/2 Frozen Avocado. The avocado will add delicious creamy texture to the Keto Smoothie, plus it contains potassium, monounsaturated fats, and fibers. Avocado also lowers the cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil. Coconut oil has a high level of saturated fats that increase the good cholesterol. It is also capable of converting the bad cholesterol or the Low-Density Lipoprotein (LDL) into good cholesterol or High-Density Lipoprotein (HDL).
Keto Smoothie With Avocado, Cacao, and Chia Seeds: Instructions
- In a high-powered blender, add all the ingredients (except the cacao nibs). Allow it to blend high speed until the ingredients become well-mixed.
- When the ingredients are fully mixed, add the cacao nibs to serve as the toppings.
As simple as that.
Overall, any Keto diet is geared to achieving good health. But based on my personal experience, there are pros and cons that you must also consider. Read further to know the details.
Benefits of Keto Smoothie Diet That You Must Know
- Helps Loss Weight. Ketosis causes your body to burn fats to get energy. This means that as your body gets more energy, your stored fat is being consumed instead of glucose. This also reduces hunger, which in turn helps manage your caloric intake.
- Reduce the Risk of Cancer. Because of its antioxidant property, Keto dieting is believed to reduce the occurrence of cancer cells. This diet limits the body’s sugar production which leads to lesser insulin accumulation, which will reduce or eliminate insulin-related cancer cells.
- Promotes Heart Health. Of course, because of the use of healthy fat producing foods such as avocado, the risk of having cardiovascular disease is minimized. The Keto Smoothie increases the level of HDL or the good cholesterol while lowering the level of LDL or the bad cholesterol.
Considering the Downsides of Keto Smoothie Diet
- Acclimatization Period. When I embarked on my keto diet, I needed at least two weeks to adjust. My body couldn’t just quickly adapt to the trend of cutting carbs and getting the energy only from burning fats. My advice is: if you’re not ready to engage in a Keto routine, better wait for the proper time , jump in head first, wading in with keto snacks and desserts is an easy way to get started
- The Afterthought in Social Situations. Not all people are into low carb dieting, especially considering bread and pasta are mainstays in the western diet. Make sure you are involved in the planning process so that you do not end up somewhere like the Spaghetti Factory where the only option available is an Iceberg Lettuce Salad, YUM.
So there you have it, a super delicious Keto Smoothie as well as the advantages and disadvantages of the keto diet.
Enough reading, it’s time for you to prepare your own Keto Smoothie.