4 Steps to Better Sexual Health
Perhaps things in bed have taken a turn for the worse. Maybe you’re just looking to enhance your performance. In any case, you’ll be glad to know that there are several ways sexual health can be improved.
It’s also worth noting that the biological systems in question are based on sophisticated processes that don’t always function correctly. So, if something has gone a little wrong, there’s no need to panic. These kinds of issues are more common than you might think. Moreover, they’re easily treatable. Read on to learn the four steps to better sexual health.
While sex might help you break a sweat, it certainly doesn’t suffice on its own. You need to back it up with a regular workout routine. In doing so, you’ll experience several benefits. Here are some of them.
- Stress: Exercise releases endorphins and inhibits cortisol production. This reduces stress and will even help with depression, which is both libido-killers.
- Circulation: Aerobic exercise (running, swimming, cycling) is particularly conducive to improving blood flow. This is key to avoiding erectile dysfunction.
- Movement: Improving your strength, balance, and flexibility naturally helps you become more capable in bed. Being active also increases body awareness, which is believed to improve bodily sensations.
- Nitric Oxide: This chemical is released during exercise and plays a significant role in supporting the erectile function.
- Performance: Of course, being active helps you feel better and more confident overall. This improves your self-esteem and supports a more positive body image. Men who keep moving are more attractive.
- So, what kind of exercise will do the trick? Anything that gets your heart rate up is a great start. Whether it’s a full-blown gym session or a brisk afternoon walk, you’re on the right track. You might want to avoid heavy cycling, though. Too much time on the bicycle may lead to penile numbness.
Not getting enough shuteye? If you’re falling short of the recommended seven to nine hours of sleep per night, you could be putting yourself at risk of numerous mental and physical health issues.
This includes adverse effects on mood that can lead to depression and anxiety. Aside from being detrimental to your happiness, these problems can cause sexual dysfunction, partly due to lower testosterone production. Plus, being too tired reduces your desire for sex. Here are some ways to get more sleep.
- Light Exposure: Keep your circadian rhythm in check by getting plenty of natural light during the day and avoiding blue light (emitted by screens on your smartphone and television) before sleep.
- Routine: Avoiding naps and sticking to a consistent schedule also helps.
- Environment: Your bedroom should be cool, clean, quiet, dark, and comfortable. Look around and consider what could be keeping you up, be it bright light, ticking clock, or a pile of clothes.
- Relax: Consider following a pre-sleep routine that helps you relax. Instead of using your phone, you could read a book, breathe deeply, or meditate.
While the right lifestyle changes can make a difference, you might want to look into some kind of support. This is especially true if you experience erectile dysfunction. Even healthy men go through it. Fortunately, there is a range of effective erectile dysfunction treatments available on the market today.
This includes Viagra and Cialis (or sildenafil and tadalafil as they’re known in their generic forms). Both are effective in 8 out of 10 men and are clinically proven to help with maintaining an erection. You can buy them online through Manual, a UK supplier that will help you determine which option is best for your needs through a quick questionnaire.
From there, their discrete delivery service will ship the medication to your door for free. They also have online clinician support to assist you through your treatment.
Being at the foundation of overall mental and physical well-being, it should be no surprise that diet is another critical factor in sexual health. Certain foods, in particular, have noteworthy effects:
- Fruit: Flavonoids, which are a type of antioxidant, are prevalent in blueberries, apples, strawberries, and most citrus fruit. They’re conducive to cardiovascular health and reduce your risk of erectile dysfunction. Bananas, which are rich in potassium, are said to boost sexual performance.
- Vegetables: They may not be great for your breath, but garlic and onions keep blood circulating through your body. Chilies and peppers do the same thanks to their ability to reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin B-1: Found in peanuts and kidney beans, this vitamin improves nervous system signaling, enhancing communication between your brain and penis.
- Eggs: Aside from being highly nutritional, eggs decrease stress and balance hormones.
Kicking bad habits such as smoking, drinking, and using stimulants will also help with sexual health. Follow these steps, and you’ll quickly notice a significant change in your performance.