Summary: A retreat is a perfect getaway to relax, recharge, and to improve thinking. Let’s see how?
More often or not, for many individuals yoga retreat is synonymous with a breathtakingly beautiful outdoor location, plant-based delicacies, daily yoga and meditation classes, plenty of soul-stirring activities, and lots of natural wonders. Well, a yoga retreat authentically embodies all these characteristics that are an ultimate health boost. Not just physical health, but mental and spiritual health as well.
If you are seeking the alchemy of mental wellness, this is where you will find:
- Meditation Retreat: A meditation retreat is a getaway ideal for all those looking to live moments of serenity and keen on developing a meditative routine. When on a meditation trip in India, explore and become a practitioner of Vipassana meditation, Transcendental meditation, Mindful meditation. The meditation vacations in India are a way to attain a calm mind and soul for a happy life.
- Silent Meditation Retreat: In a world of chaos, silence is a luxury. On silent meditation retreats, people collect to meditate for days on a stretch without having a conversation. This retreat gives people a unique opportunity to soak in the energy of the surrounding in an enhanced way, to develop better connectivity with the self, to concentrate better, and to experience the power of silence.
- Yoga and Meditation Retreat: On yoga and meditation retreats, individuals immerse in the teachings of yoga philosophy of which meditation is an integral part. The purpose of this retreat is to magnify the wellness of the participants in a natural way with yoga science.
- Stress Management Retreat: Stress is not uncommon in the modern world. Stress management retreat includes the practice of yoga poses, breathing exercises, meditation, and nature walks to manage the stress. Chakra balance is an important aspect of stress management retreat because imbalance between the chakras leads to stress.
- Spiritual Retreat: There is no doubt that yoga is a spiritual science. The retreat is designed to intensify the physical and mental wellbeing of people. Also, participants get in touch with their spiritual side through yoga practices.
Yoga Retreats Improves Cognitive Functioning and Thinking
- Healing Powers of Nature: Whenever you have a big decision to make, follow your heart and head for a yoga retreat. Time and space away from friends and family give you a new perspective on the world allowing you to make big decisions in a rational way. The second most important reason is the environment itself. Nature possesses immense healing powers. The natural setting increases an individual’s focus, positive emotion, and attention. These are the key aspects of decision making.
- Psychological Impact of Yoga Asanas: Yoga is an ancient practice to relieve stress and, the most effectual one. Every yoga practice, be it poses, breathing exercises, meditation, shat-kriyas, reading of Sutras increase the brain areas which dampen stress. After every yoga session, you feel calmer and at peace with the world.
- Easy Pose (Sukhasana): Sit on a floor and cross your legs at the shins. Elongate the spine. Keep the hands on the knees with palms in the Gyan Mudra.
- Standing Forward Fold (Uttanasana): Bend forward with fingers of the palm touching the ground. Release the head down and breathe.
- Corpse Pose (Savasana): Lie on the ground on your back. Open your arms and legs. Close your eyes and relax.
- Mindfulness: The yoga practice of asanas, pranayama, and meditation requires concentration. When you perform these practices, you are encouraged to keep your focus despite the distractions. Slowly and steadily these practices train your mind to be mindful no matter what you are doing. Mindfulness translates into better work performance, higher creativity, sharp thinking, and a good memory. A study shows that yoga sessions stimulate the brain as much as any other forms of physical activity.
- Brain Booster Diet: To keep the body healthy, it is crucial to maintaining the control center of the body– the brain in a state of wellbeing. A yoga retreat in any corner of the world feeds participants with freshly cooked organic food three times a day. A platter containing freshly prepared food rich in essential nutrients with servings of green salad is a plate of goodness that promotes healthy brain activities.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a golden spice. It is one of the main ingredients of Indian dishes. The curcumin present in turmeric acts as a brain booster and helps brain cell growth.
- Broccoli: This green flower is packed with compounds, including antioxidants and vitamin K which sharpens memory and protects the brain against damage. Add this powerpack food to your salads.
- Green Tea: Herbal drinks are also included in the menu of yoga retreats. Green tea boosts brain function. In fact, it improves alertness, focus, GABA levels.
- Unlock Brain Power with Ayurvedic Massages: On yoga retreats, you get an opportunity to pamper yourself with Ayurvedic oil massages. Oil massages bring the three doshas in balance that helps a person realize his/her mental capabilities to its full potential.
- A Plethora of Mental Benefits: Breaking away from the monotony of life, taking a breath of fresh air, socializing with people from different backgrounds, and experiencing new things widen your horizons. You get the space to grow, learn, and soak new ideas and culture. Every activity of a yoga retreat associates with it a sense of wellbeing, mental wellness.
A Yoga retreat is an escapade of physical and mental wellness along with tremendous inspiration to lead a life in a healthy and happy way.
Bipin Baloni is a passionate Yogi, Yoga Teacher and a Traveller in India. He organize 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh. Bipin Baloni conducts Yoga Teacher Training in India in different cities. He loves writing and reading books related to yoga, health, nature and the Himalayas.