James Bond is without doubt one of the most successful and well-known movies of all-time. If you are one of millions of die-hard Bond fans across the world, then Bond in Numbers is definitely a site that you need to visit. Bond in Numbers is dedicated to providing fans with in-depth statistics and facts pertaining to each of the 24 Bond movies which have been made to date.
It also includes a trivia which will allow you to test your knowledge on each of the Bond movies.
Below are fun facts about the Bond movies series.
- Former Bond actor Sean Connery had to use a hairpiece in each of the movies where he played Bond. He began to bald at the age of 21.
- Mexico City started celebrating the Day of the Dead with a parade after being impressed with what they had seen during the opening scene of the James Bond film Spectre.
- Bonds favourite drink is actually champagne vodka martini.
- To date, Skyfall is the most successful Bond film and generated $910,526,981 in profit.
- Christian Bale actually turned down the opportunity to play Bond.
- From all the Bond movies, Golden Eye was the most deadliest as it featured
- People who have played James Bond include Sean Connery, Daniel Craig, Pierce-Brosnan, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton and George Lazenby.
- Other prominent actors who were considered for the role but missed out include David Niven, Cary Grant, Patrick McGoohan, Christopher Lee, Clint Eastwood, Burt Reynolds, Adam West, Tom Jones, Liam Neeson, Mel Gibson, Sam Neill, Hugh Grant, Gerard Butler, Sean Bean and Will Smith.
- Pierce Brosnan was the most violent of all Bond actors and managed to kill more than 135 people during his stint as Bond.
- Daniel Criag had to finish writing the script for Quantum of Solace after writers went on strike in 2008.
- Straight Edge razor sales went up by over 400% following the scene from SkyFall where Daniel Craig is shaved with a straight razor.
- The Crocodile jump which was performed by Bond during ‘’Live and Let Die’’ was actually performed in the presence of actual crocodiles. The writers of the film fittingly named the villain Kanaga after the owner of the farm Ross Kanaga was the only one who was willing to perform the stunt.
To broaden your knowledge on the Bond films, check out the interactive guide that online casino Betway put together.