Why Learn Digital Marketing
The world is going digital, and gone are the days when digital marketing was considered only for large businesses and companies having the budget and resources to do so. But the scenario has changed, online marketing is allowing small and medium enterprises to go head-to-head with other big and established brands. According to experts, companies that implement a solid marketing strategy have a 2.8x higher revenue growth expectancy and 3.3x better chance of expanding their workforce and business.
Research also shows that the digital economy is growing ten times faster than the traditional economy. All other sectors are struggling with growth rates of 5 to 10%; the digital marketing industry is booming with a 40% growth rate. Companies are willing to spend more and more in online marketing to promote their products and services. Over the last decade, digital marketing has become an essential part of any business model or anyone hoping to reach a wider audience through their website, social media, or digital advertisements. There is an increasing presence of digital marketing and its importance in growing a brand or company.
According to Zenith’s Advertising Expenditure Forecasts, online advertising will reach $329M by 2021, accounting for 49% of all global ad spend. It shows that there will be no slow down for the digital marketing industry in the near future. Evidently, professionals are exploring their career opportunities in this field by taking up marketing courses.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing, also known as online marketing, web marketing, and internet advertising, is a way of marketing that includes all marketing efforts that use an electronic device with the internet. It is the promotion of goods and services through digital platforms or channels such as search engines, social media, email, and other websites to connect with current and prospective customers. It utilizes internet-based digital technologies like computers, smartphones, tablets, and other digital media. With the popularity of digital devices for searching products instead of visiting physical stores, online marketing has changed the way businesses leverage technology for marketing.
When you explore digital marketing, you’ll come across the following two terms:
Digital Marketing Assets- Almost anything online can be a digital marketing asset or tool such as a website, logos, icons, images, video content, blogs, ebooks, emails, product descriptions, reviews, social media pages, etc.
Digital Marketing Strategies- Several companies are trying to reach more customers through potential digital marketing strategies like Paid Search Advertising, Pay-per-Click advertising, Paid Social Media Advertising, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Content Marketing, Email Marketing, Conversion Rate Optimization, Native Advertising, SMS marketing, and Affiliate Marketing. These techniques are used to support new customers and provide services to existing customers that help develop customer relationships.
So you can see there is a lot that can happen within marketing to market your business online. It helps to target the right people at the right time and in the right place. It is all about achieving marketing objects by applying digital technologies and media.
Reasons to Learn Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is a broad sector, and many sectors involved in it. There are several opportunities to make a bright career in it. Here are some of the reasons to learn Digital marketing.
- Most In-Demand Career- According to a report, around 69% of companies are going to hire more marketers, which means there is a high demand for digital marketers. Moreover, learning in-demand skills is never wasted.
- Wide variety of Career Opportunities- It gives you a huge scope and range of job options to make a successful career and is very easy to start and grow.
- Increasing Growth Rates- As the digital economy grows 10x faster than the offline economy, the skills will keep in demand in the near future. Undoubtedly, it is worth learning and exploring.
- Beneficial for Businesses- If you learn marketing skills and tools properly, you can start your own online business, create websites, products, and sell them to the targeted market.
- A Technical and Creative Field- Digital marketing is an evolving field that requires a unique combination of both creativity and technical knowledge, and it offers you to learn more always with updated skills.
- Better and High Pay- Companies and organizations are seeking skilled and talented digital marketers. They are spending a good amount on it and paying better and high for their services.
Online marketing has made it easy to drive traffic from online markets to promote goods and services. It has the versatility and helps to stay ahead of your competitors.
Take up a Digital Marketing Course
Having a degree or certification in marketing will surely help reap the benefits in the future as the number of jobs related to it is increasing rapidly. Here are some reasons why you need to have a certification or course:
- With a certification, you can expect a lot of opportunities from some of the best organizations in the world and establish your skills.
- It will help you showcase your knowledge and skills in launching successful marketing campaigns, and also helps in career visibility for promotion.
- Having certifications help get better skills and better job profiles, which leads to better salary packages and increments.
- This field is ever-changing, evolving, and engaging. Professionals who wish to take challenging roles can consider taking it.
- With the certification, if you are new to this field, you can get the right guidance and eventually have a successful career.
Digital marketing is a buzz word nowadays. It will gain a lot of ground in the coming years in terms of popularity. Top leading websites are offering a wide range of marketing certification courses developed by professional experts to help you gain skills and improve your career prospects. Once you are certified, you can have a better opportunity to be a part of this lucrative industry.