Fiery little homemade chicken burgers with melt-in the mouth mozzarella.
With holiday parties seemingly back-to-back over the coming weeks, kick your holiday entertaining dish up a notch with Nando’s PERi-PERi Chicken Sliders. This recipe is quick and easy and great to prep ahead of time so you can quickly get back to hosting your party!.
Preparation: 15 minutes
- 2T Sunflower oil
- 3 Chicken fillets
- 3 Chicken thighs, bones removed
- 1 Red onion, grated
- 3T Roughly chopped parsley
- ¼ Cup Nando’s PERi-PERi sauce
- 100g Toasted breadcrumbs
- 125g Mozzarella
- 8 Cocktail buns
- 1 Fennel bulb, thinly shaved into ribbons
- 100g Cherry/Rosa/baby tomatoes, halved
- 3T tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 Granadillas
- 5T Plain yoghurt
- Salt to taste
- Chop the chicken very finely.
- Combine the chicken with the grated red onion, parsley, Nando’s PERi-PERi sauce and toasted breadcrumbs. Allow the mixture to sit for 30 minutes before rolling into golf ball sizes
- Heat the oil to a medium heat.
- Place the balls in the pan, press them down to make a patty shape and cook until browned and cooked through (about 3 minutes a side).
- To make the fennel salad, toss together the fennel, halve and chopped tomatoes, the granadilla pulp and yoghurt. Season with salt and pepper and toss.
- Halve the buns and toast lightly before adding the chicken patty topped with torn mozzarella and the tangy fennel salad.
Recipe Provided by Nando’s PERi-PERi Chicken
The first Nando’s restaurant opened its doors just outside of Johannesburg, South Africa and has since spread its flame to 1,200+ restaurants in 23 countries on five continents. Originating in the heart of South Africa in 1987, Nando’s PERi-PERi embodies the zest and vibrance of the African Spirit, bringing fire to your food with the main ingredient African Bird’s Eye Chilli combined with a squeeze of lemon and kick of garlic. Though technically not a hot sauce, Nando’s PERi-PERi is the number one category leader for hot sauce sales in South Africa, the UK and Australia and has been making headway in the U.S. since 2003 with its five distinct sauces: Lemon & Herb, Garlic, Medium, Hot and XX Hot. All Nando’s PERi-PERi sauces are made with all natural ingredients and no artificial flavoring.
For more information on Nando’s, go to www.nandosperiperi.com or visit @NandosUSA on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.